For Acorn, corporate responsibility is about core values and principles that govern the way we operate. It's about ensuring we sustain a safe working environment, have a positive impact on our people, the communities we work in and the wider environment, and build the trust and respect of our customers.
We aim to create a balance between the development of opportunities with our customers, stimulating and rewarding our staff, working with and supporting our local communities and sustaining the environment in which we operate.
We achieve Corporate Social Responsibilities by
- Engaging with our customers to understand their needs and expectations, such as carrying out annual client satisfaction surveys and recognising our candidates with different awards
- Applying policies and procedures that meet all legislative and ethical requirements
- Committing to recruiting and selecting a diverse range of jobseekers
- Providing our staff with learning and development opportunities, including IT, management and development courses
- Promoting the health and safety of those for whom we are responsible
- Encouraging staff to become involved within local communities by offering paid leave for charity work
- Sustaining and improving the environment within which we operate, minimising any negative impact
- Previously supporting the NSPCC as a Corporate Patron of its Full Stop campaign
- Raising money to celebrate Acorn's 20th birthday the company raised £20,000 which was donated to 20 local charities across the UK
- Supporting local youth sports teams, including Chepstow Cricket Club, Bideford Pilot Gig Club, Crowland Juniors FC, Penarth Cricket Club, Halton Farnworth Hornets ARLFC and many more
- Participating in charity events or challenges such as the Prince's Trust Million Makers scheme
- Getting involved - Acorn's Marketing & Communications Director led a group of business leaders to sleep under the stars to raise awareness for homelessness and poverty in the Cardiff City region
Each year, Acorn also supports Fairtrade Fortnight by promoting Fairtrade products to our staff, clients, job-seekers and learners. Fairtrade enables producers in developing countries to get a better deal and to invest in their communities. We hold internal activities organised by staff, including promoting Fairtrade products such as dry goods, chocolate tea and coffee. Find out more about the work of the Fairtrade Foundation here.
Ethical Trading Initiative
Acorn works all with its clients to ensure the employment experience of all its temporary workers complies fully with the Base Code of the Ethical Trading Initiative – this code constitutes the minimum standard to which we operate, whilst at all times looking to exceed expectations.
Find out more on the ETI Base Code here