Acorn works in partnership with and supports a wide range of organisations throughout the UK.
Acorn is dedicated to developing and maintaining relationships with business communities across the UK. We work closely with local Chambers of Commerce, professional trade bodies / agencies, business clubs and networking groups to share best practice and encourage working partnerships.
Acorn has been named Apprenticeship Provider of the Year 2011 at the Apprenticeship Awards Cymru organised by the Welsh Government in partnership with the National Training Federation for Wales (NTfW). In 2013, the Acorn Group received the Apprenticeship Provider Award for Social Responsiveness at the Apprenticeship Awards Cymru
Employers and job-seekers can find us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn where we keep in touch with candidates, clients and partners – you can also see some of the Group’s latest vacancies and news.
The Acorn Group is:
Acorn works with many leading companies across the UK. This means that we can attract the best vacancies and are looking for the best workers to fill them. Just some of the organisations we work are shown below, however please click here for more details.
Acorn’s Learning & Development Division works in partnership with, or delivers development programmes for, the following organisations:
- Welsh Government (Dept. for Education, Lifelong Learning & Skills)
- ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management)
- CII - Acorn is an accredited Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) course provider
- EAL - Acorn is accredited by EAL (EMTA Awards Limited) a leading awarding organisation in vocational qualifications
- Green Dragon Award - Acorn's Head Office has been awarded the Green Dragon Environmental Standard which recognises effective environmental management
- CCNSG - Acorn is an approved test centre for the delivery of CCNSG National and Renewal Passports. The aim of the CCNSG Safety Passport Scheme is to ensure a basic knowledge of health and safety for all site personnel to enable them, after appropriate site induction, to work on site more safely with lower risk to themselves and others
Sport & Community
Acorn supports a number of sporting initiatives through community-based partnerships:
- Newport County Football Club - see a video of Acorn supporting Newport County at Wembley in May 2012
- London Welsh RFC - Business Club Founder Member
- Local sports clubs including Tata Steel Football Club, Griffithstown under 10s, PG10 USA tour, Chepstow Cricket Club, Bideford Pilot Gig Club, Crowland Juniors FC, Penarth Cricket Club, Rhymney Valley Schools Under-15's, Cromwell Junior Football Club, Usk u16's Football Club, Newport Cricket Club and more
- Tonga Rugby team
- Newport City Council Extra Mile Awards
Acorn works closely with universities, which leads to thousands of students finding appropriate temporary and part-time work opportunities during term-time and in holiday periods, as well as helping them to find permanent work following graduation.
Acorn has enjoyed a long history of supporting charity and community initiatives for both local and national causes - including the following:
In April 2005, Acorn became the first company in Wales to become a Corporate Patron of the NSPCC, pledging to undertake fundraising for its Full Stop campaign. Through different fundraising activities, marathons, parties, wage donations, dress down days and more - Acorn raised nearly £50,000.
In 2009 / 2010 Acorn participated in the fundraising initiative called ‘Million Makers’, which challenges companies to raise money for the Prince’s Trust, a youth charity that helps change young lives. The Trust gives practical and financial support to the young people who need it most by helping to develop key skills, confidence and motivation, enabling young people to move into work, education or training.