Donna Chaney, Nursing Coordinator for Acorn’s specialist Nursing Division highlights a number of dates close to all our hearts.
As a member of Acorn's Nursing Recruitment Division, I place nurses and healthcare workers into forensic units, prisons and care homes every single day. I get to see first-hand, the incredible work that they, and their colleagues, do to care for people, and therefore felt it was important to write this blog to share certain dates, so we too can show our support and make a difference.
Of course, you don't have to be working in the healthcare arena to be affected by stress or other vital health issues, so here's a few dates for you to be aware of:
- Men's Health Awareness Month - November
- Stress Awareness Day - 2nd November
- World Kindness Day - 13th November
- Alcohol Awareness and Self-Care Week - 14th - 20th November
- World Diabetes Day - 14th November
- Anger Awareness Week - 1st - 7th December
- National Obesity Awareness Week - 11th - 17th January
- World Cancer Day - 4th February
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month - March
- Depression Awareness Week - April
- Deaf Awareness Week - May
- International Nurses Day - May
- Carers Week - 12th - 18th May
If you have any further dates to add, please do so in the comment box.
If you're interested in knowing more about all of the national nursing campaigns for the next calendar year, please click here >
Why not follow in the footsteps of Florence Nightingale and Clara Barton? Take a look at our latest nursing vacancies or register your interest online today >