Business Development and Engagement Manager
Initially covering Windsor, Maidenhead and Ascot areas
A new and exciting opportunity has been created for an inspirational, innovative and creative Business Development professional to join the Berkshire Maestros team.
Our client Berkshire Maestros, the lead organisation of the Berkshire Music Hub, offers the highest quality musical education delivering instrumental and singing lessons in schools across the county and at music centres in Reading, Bracknell, Wokingham, Newbury and Windsor. Tuition covers all instrumental families; brass, guitar, keyboard, percussion, strings, woodwind and voice, across a wide range of styles and genres. Berkshire Maestros is a registered charity whose primary customers include parents, children, schools, wider community music and Early Years' groups.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Director for Strategic Hub Development, this role is a key position within the Middle Leadership Team of Berkshire Maestros and is integral in enabling the organisation achieve its long-term Strategic Plan.
Maestros are looking for an individual with a business development/sales management background with ideally education or arts experience and an interest in music.
The position will provide leadership and direction for stimulating and increasing the musical engagement of children and young people across the region, and support the work of senior staff in building and sustaining external relationships and participation.
Principal responsibilities and objectives:
To ensure the ongoing musical success of the region by:
- leading Maestros' and the BMEH's engagement with customers, maintaining and increasing pupil participation in regional music making activities
- leading the development and communication of an inspiring model for learning which reflects the needs of local communities
- Demonstrating successfully that commercial entrepreneurship can live happily beside the demanding requirements of education and music making, to the benefit of both.
- Provide strategic direction to the teachers and teams delivering learning programmes, activities, workshops, courses and events in order to increase participation/sales
- Build and develop new partnerships, networks and relationships, facilitating conversations and the engagement of the wider local community, stimulating and increasing recruitment and participation
- Ensure integration between the regional team and other Maestros colleagues to provide the very highest level of educational expertise
- Be the public face of Maestros for the region and the visible champion for its music education work locally and nationally
- Lead, mentor and inspire a team of assigned staff, reviewing performance and providing feedback
- Share and be inspired by Berkshire Maestros Core Values, culture and vision; modelling the overarching leadership competencies in all areas of work
- Have proven experience of strategic development at a local or national level, preferably in an arts organisation, school or music hub setting, or similar
- Qualified to initial degree 2:1 or above; post-graduate qualifications desirable
- Have an understanding of the current educational landscape
- Have a good working knowledge of new media as a means of communication and learning to reach the broadest audience; understand how to utilise social media effectively to inform and mobilise customers and communities
- Be forward looking, with a strong entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to take a 'big picture' view; a skilled leader with a passion for developing a high performing, highly engaged team
- Be enthusiastic, energetic, innovative and creative
- Be genuinely committed to collaborative hub and community working demonstrating a collegiate approach; able to work sensitively in partnership with public and private sector organisations
- Possess advanced inter-personal and influencing skills with a range of stakeholders - professional artists, students, parents, schools and colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Travel expenses
- Appropriate phone/media device/allowance
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
To find out more, please contact:
Julian Curtis | 07768 295 844 | email@example.com
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.