Our prestigious client in the Caerphilly area require experienced Machine Operators to work on a full-time and temporary basis for an ongoing period.
You will be highly motivated and must be able to work within a team as well as on own initiative. You must also be able to demonstrate experience of operating machinery within the factory environment, together with a willingness to learn more.
Main duties include:
- Operating machinery / equipment in an efficient, safe and productive manner, to a high standard.
- Recognising relevant product ranges to facilitate prompt and accurate material selection and processing.
- Communicating effectively with next shift either verbally or written and make them aware of any quality, technical or manufacturing problems to help facilitate optimum productivity.
- Understanding, and advising on possible improvements to production procedures to support team performance objectives.
- Ensuring that products produced are correct to drawings, recorded and labelled at all times.
- Be actively involved in own personal development plans to maximise performance in the role and the contribution to succession requirements of the business.
Qualifications and experience required for the role:-
- Good working knowledge manufacturing processes.
- Able to set up and operate machinery on site.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of flexibility.
- Punctuality and reliability is essential.
- Licensed to operate both a Side Loading Truck and Front Loading Truck is desirable but not essential.
If selected you will be required to undertake a drug and alcohol test as part of a medical prior to commencement.
Shifts: days regular Monday to Friday, 39.5 hour week with occasional overtime.
Training rate of £7.78 per hour increasing to £9.28 after 12 weeks.