Table Tennis Wales are seeking a Commercial Development Director to join the Board to lead a commercial strategy and promote sustainable growth.
Our vision is that table tennis in Wales will continue to be a growing and successful sport with opportunities for all. We are looking for an individual with a genuine interest in sport who has experience of working in a commercial environment. We require a creative thinker who has a proven track record of delivering on a commercial strategy / plan and understands the voluntary sector.
We are a company limited by guarantee and all Board Members are Directors of the company. TTW is committed to equality of opportunity and the formation of a balanced, inclusive and skilled board. We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities, women and young people and LGBTIQA+ people.
If you would like an informal discussion on the role please contact:
Neil O' Connell, Company Secretary - email@example.com / 01495 352118.
Rhian Pearce, General Manager, Rhian.firstname.lastname@example.org / 029 20 334999.
Gareth Edwards, Director Executive Search at Acorn email@example.com / 07792 058667.
Detailed job description:
1. TTW vision:
That table tennis in Wales will continue to be a growing and successful sport with opportunities for all. We are a company limited by guarantee and all Board Members are Directors of the company. At an exciting time for TTW, we are currently seeking a new Chair of the Board to join us to drive the strategy and direction of the organisation.
2. Role description:
Time commitment: Approximately 1-2 days per month. There are 5 board meetings per year and board members may be asked to lead working groups and represent the organisation at other relevant meetings and events.
Remuneration: The position is voluntary and all reasonable travel and subsistence and expenses will be reimbursed.
Term of office:Directors will be appointed for a one year term (renewable in September).
Location: Flexible. The majority of meetings are held in Cardiff and Skype is available. The TTW office is located at the Sport Wales National Centre, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff.
TTW Employees: The General Manager is based at the Cardiff office and the Coaching Manager and Development / National Coaches deliver across North Wales / South East Wales.
3. Role summary:
TTW board member responsibilities:
* Setting the organisation's vision, values and strategic direction.
* Delegating appropriate authority to the General Manager, and monitoring and evaluating the implementation of strategy and objectives.
* Ensuring TTW's organisational structure and capability, including the resources available, are appropriate for implementing the strategy.
* Acting as a guardian of the sport, championing table tennis in Wales.
* Acting as a critical friend, providing mentorship and support to TTW staff and senior volunteers.
* Maintaining careful oversight of any risk and / or financial standing of the organisation.
* Represent TTW, championing the organisation and its members.
* Ensuring that communication with stakeholders is transparent and effective.
The Commercial Development Director will be responsible for:
* Working closely with the TTW Executive / Board members and stakeholders to fully understand the sport and the relevant opportunities / threats.
* Create and deliver a Commercial Development plan for the organisation to enable sustainable growth.
* Identify options to increase core revenue.
* Identify other partners / stakeholders to source suitable funding streams or no-cost partnership arrangements.
* Source sponsors and manage sponsorship agreements.
The successful candidate will have some knowledge and a genuine interest in the sport sector. A commercial background in the private sector would be preferable but similar experience in a voluntary / sport sector would also be valued.
Previous experience in a Board position is desirable but candidates who have not previously served in a Board role should still be able to demonstrate the skills and competencies necessary to contribute to TTW.
The deadline for applications is Friday 11th May 2018.
PLEASE SUBMIT A CV WHICH INCLUDES A FRONT PAGE SUPPORTING LETTER WHICH SETS OUT HOW YOU MEET THE PERSON SPECIFICATION AND YOUR SUITABILITY FOR THE ROLE
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.