||England > Devon > Plymouth
|Salary / Hourly Rate:
||Hospitality and Catering
WARD HOSTS - DERRIFORD - URGENT STARTS - £7.83P.H
We are recruiting for a large number of ward hosts for the Derriford area full and part time hours various shifts including weekends and evenings. Long term temporary positions with the possibility of going permanent, easy location to get to on public transport .
The Ward Hostess will play a pivotal role in ensuring patient satisfaction in the hospital. The role will include the delivery of cleaning services to designated areas of the hospital to an agreed standard within clinical areas and departments. Domestic staff will be flexible and can be wither allocated to a ward or department areas or to geographical areas.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Work with the Ward Housekeeper to ensure patient catering services are provided at ward level, ensuring that patient meal and beverage requirements are managed and delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
- To deliver a cleaning service to an agreed standard as defined in the service level specification within agreed clinical areas, departments and public areas.
- Clean to a hygienic standard following work procedures that incorporate all quality standards laid down by Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust or Serco and Environmental Audits.
- Complete the cleaning work methods as trained and instructed.
- To provide a friendly, efficient and courteous service to both internal and external customers demonstrating high standards of customer service at all times.
- To ensure the work environment and in particular the cleaning stores and all equipment are clean, tidy and professionally presented at all times.
- To receive incoming stock and store appropriately.
- To complete necessary paperwork and records in a timely manner.
- To bag and dispose of waste in accordance with the Plymouth Hospital NHS trust waste policy.
- To maintain Health and Safety standards within the designated work area and abide by Health & Safety policies and procedures particularly those related to COSHH and safe use of equipment.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and infection control standards.
- To abide by Infection Control procedures as laid down by the Plymouth Hospital NHS Trust.
- To report any accidents, incidents or hazards as soon as possible to a Supervisor or Manager.
- To fully co-operate with other staff, and actively participate as part of the team, to ensure efficient running of the department.
- To participate in any job and skills training as required.
- Account for the use of materials and return equipment in a clean and safe condition to its proper place
- Correctly use and take care of all equipment and materials associated with tasks and immediately report any faults to a supervisor
- Provide a friendly, efficient and courteous service to both internal and external customers demonstrating high standards of customer service at all times
- Ensure that the personal privacy, dignity and confidentiality relating to the Trust's operation at ward level is maintained
- Maintain health and safety standards within your work area and abide by health and safety policies and procedures
- Ensure Safe Work Instructions are followed when carrying out duties
- Comply with relevant Policies and Procedures and in particular those that relate to Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust's Infection Control and Waste Handling policies
- Attend all meetings and communication briefings as directed by your Supervisor or Manager
- Undertake any other duties as may be agreed between the post holder and the appropriate manager
. Knowledge, Training and Experience required to do the Job
If you are the right candidate for this job please click apply now or due to the urgency of these roles please call ACORN on 01752 265500 to fast track your application.