Our client in Gloucester is looking for a Fork Lift Operator / Good In controller to assist in all areas of departmental activity including Goods Receiving, General Stores Duties and Despatch of customer orders. This role is temporary to permanent.
Key Responsibilities - Good Receiving:
· Unload vehicle using fork lift as necessary, then check and sign for incoming materials.
· Promptly report any damages or shortages to the Warehouse Controller and purchasing department.
· Ensure that all materials are booked in in a timely fashion.
· Once goods have cleared inspection material labels to be applied and stock either cleared for despatch or placed in a suitable storage location.
Key Responsibilities - Despatch:
· Accurately pick and prepare customer sales orders in a timely fashion ensuring that the orders are ready for despatch by the despatch due date.
· Unless otherwise instructed by the Warehouse Controller the operative will select sales orders for despatching by date order / stock availability
· Ensure that customer specific requirements such as labelling, packing / pallet type, height etc are adhered to. ·Operative will be responsible for the safe loading of customer orders on to the carriers vehicle.
· Ensure that all relevant delivery paperwork is signed by the collecting driver.
You must have:-
· Good standard of numeracy.
· Fork Lift Truck Licence, and experience in a warehouse.
· Attention to detail.
· Able to work well within the warehouse team.
· Commitment to the achievement of both personal and team targets and standards as set by the Warehouse Controller.