pubs & hospitality industry - find out more
There are over 60,000 pubs in the UK and every one of them is different! But the one thing they all have in common is that they all need a successful team to run them!
So, if you have a passion for people and exceptional customer service you could be one of them!
Change your perceptions – change your life!
Today’s pub-goer is looking for something more sophisticated than just a pint and a packet of crisps. Gone are the days of smokey dark rooms with peeling paint and sticky carpets; in are clean pubs, modern vibes, good décor with great food and friendly staff.
The one thing that never changes is that people are at the heart of a good pub and we can help you be a part of it!
New to the industry?
People enjoy working in the pub and hospitality trade for many different reasons; some fancy being their own boss, whilst others enjoy the social side of life – all of them aren’t afraid of working long hours!
Acorn can help you decide whether this is a lifestyle that would suit you, and we give you the advice, support, and in some cases training, to get you started in your new career.
It’s a great career choice because:
- you could be your own boss
- investment isn't always required when buying or managing a pub
- accommodation can be included – no commuting and low living costs
- social setting with community involvement – you will meet new people everyday
- uncapped earnings
- day-to-day variety – fast-paced, exciting and varied
What sort of skills will you need?
The skills required are as varied as the jobs available, but here are just a few to give you an idea of the type of people who succeed in the pub and hospitality trade:
- good communication skills - the ability to work with people at all levels - from customers and staff, to suppliers and local authorities
- a solid business sense - to operate profitably, spot opportunities in the local market and manage stock and suppliers
- ability to multi task - good organisational skills
- true commitment – it is a complete change of lifestyle, putting in long hours and working hard
- investment of time and sometimes money on your part
- management skills – management and training of staff
Personality is key to the job!
You will meet new and different people every day; therefore, you will need to have a keen and genuine interest in those around you and enjoy giving great customer service. We are looking for individuals who are:
Is there a down-side?
Ask anyone who enjoys their job and they will tell you that there is always a downside, but with every rewarding career the good points outnumber the bad.
We are realistic however, and you should be aware that the pub and hospitality environment can be extremely hard work and its draw -backs include unsociable hours, usually living on top of the job and also being reliant on the commitment of family and friends.
The industry can take over your life and become your life, and it's usually part of everyone else's life around you!
Make it happen!
If you have the energy, enthusiasm and determination to own / lease a pub or work in the pub, hospitality or catering sector then don’t just think about it – contact us now on 07903 442453 or email us!
No matter what your background or experience level is, we can help you make an amazing move which will quite literally change your life!