Acorn works with Harrier to supply hundreds of production workers throughout the year.
Hannah Dyer, Acorn’s Account Manager for Harrier, explains why she thinks YOU should apply for our latest production operative opportunities in Newton Abbot.
Do you fancy working for the UK’s leading innovative digital print, photo gift and gift products supplier?
As a long standing and well-known company within the South Devon area, Harrier is a preferred employer, recruiting only those applicants willing to meet the challenges and demands of this technological, diverse and innovative manufacturing environment.
We have a number of production operative jobs available at Harrier, both days and nights, and here’s just a few reasons why we think you should apply:
- Harrier is one of the largest employers in Newton Abbot with 250 permanent employees - during busy periods that grows to in excess of 500.
- They have over 30 years in the printing industry with the UK’s most impressive digital printing, finishing and fulfilment production facilities – it’s really a company you can be proud to be a part of.
- Harrier is one of the first businesses in the South West to have fully trained mental health first aiders.
- Inspiring talent, Harrier recognise that people are their greatest asset to their business and have training and progression opportunities within the company.
Want more? That’s easy - here are some more benefits we can offer you:
- A number of shift patterns working in a variety of departments
- Competitive rates of pay, shift premiums and overtime
- Long and short-term positions
- Reward and recognition for commitment and team work
- Easy to get to work via public transport
- Free on-site parking
- On-site canteen
Never thought of applying for a temporary job? Think again…
- Temporary work offers flexible hours with different shift patterns covering weekends and evenings as well as weekdays and nights, which offers great opportunities for you to manage other responsibilities.
- They provide a great solution for those juggling childcare, or other family commitments, as well as graduates looking to earn extra cash during the holidays.
- It’s a family affair – many of our agency workers recommend our jobs to their friends and family, which helps save on travel costs as well as being able to enjoy work with people you already know.
- Whilst some may use temporary work for a short period of time, the production roles we manage often have great long-term opportunities and career progression.
- You get to work with leading international companies and truly make a difference to the products they make.
- Normally no, or little, experience is required as you’ll get the relevant training on the job, so it’s a great opportunity to learn a new skill.
- On top of your basic salary, there are plenty of opportunities for overtime with temporary roles, resulting in a great earning potential.
If you think Harrier could be the place for you, here’s how Acorn will support you:
- We’re a local recruitment agency with a branch in Newton Abbot.
- You will receive a full induction.
- You will have two points of contact whilst on assignment who will always be there to help you.
- We offer 24-hour emergency contact and on-site support.
- We care about your future and will always encourage temporary to permanent opportunities where possible.
During the current climate, Acorn and Harrier have changed their working practices to operate in line with government advice on social distancing, to ensure all workers can work as safely as possible.
If you are interested in finding out more about Harrier, please click here.