What will you get asked at interview?
Listed below are some questions that are frequently asked at interviews. Read through the comments and prepare your own responses to the questions and any others you anticipate may come up.
25 questions your interviewer might ask
The following list may give you some of the kind of questions you might be asked at interview to enable you to consider your likely response.
- Tell me about yourself?
- Will you please give me a summary of your work experience?
- Why do you think you would like to work for our company?
- What interests you most about our products or services?
- What specifically do you have to offer us?
- What were your duties and responsibilities on each job?
- Why did you decide to leave that job? (state reasons)
- What criticisms have you received in your job? How did you feel about that criticism?
- Would you be willing to work on multiple tasks under one position?
- Do you prefer to work under pressure or in a more relaxed environment?
- What kind of pressure bothers you the most?
- Describe what you feel to be the ideal job for you?
- Are you willing to relocate? Would this cause you any undue difficulty?
- Would you accept a job requiring travel?
- How do you manage people? Describe your style, method and relationship.
- What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?
- How do you handle direction? Do you like minimal direction, or do you feel secure with greater supervision?
- How do you feel about persons with backgrounds and interests different from your own?
- Were you ever in a position of appraising others? What type of criteria did you use?
- Describe your working relationship with your previous employers.
- Do you prefer working with others or by yourself?
- Why are you leaving/did you leave your present position?
- What makes you stand out? Why should we appoint you?