So what will I be doing?
As Engineering Site Technician you will be joining the Engineering Team in a distinctive, ambitious and trusted manufacturing company that is committed to making great British dairy the right way. Forever. Working closely with the Engineering Team Manager you will be responsible for supporting the team to safely deliver engineering services within a high performing workplace.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Assisting the Team Manager by providing supervisory and technical support for engineers
* Controlling food safety and quality through suitable operational controls
* Safely delivering engineering services to the site
* Monitoring and continuously improving asset, department and site performance
* Maintaining effective communication with all departments and site management teams as well as coaching team members in best working practices
* Participating in site improvement programmes and project activity in line with objectives
Sounds interesting, what do I need?
* Experience of working within a manufacturing or processing environment
* Ability to problem solving and prioritise workload
* Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety
* Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
* A good standard of numeracy, literacy and Microsoft Office
* Skilled at problem solving within to prevent, detect and eliminate falls
* Ability to develop resources and priorities workloads
Closing date: Monday 17th June 2019
Please bear in mind that our closing dates are used as a guide for when the application window is expected to close. We reserve the right to close the application window sooner than the date displayed if we can. We therefore recommend that you get your application in straight away - and don't miss the opportunity to join us!
Why should I join the family?
At Yeo Valley we are independent, British and proud to be making the highest quality yogurts, desserts and ice cream under the Yeo Valley brand and for many of the UKs major retailers. Operating from four dairies and two logistics centres in Somerset and Devon, we employ over 1700 staff and produce more than 25% of the UK's packaged yogurt.
We're sure you don't need convincing, but there's a whole host of benefits that we offer including: 25 days' holiday, plus bank holidays, pension scheme, healthcare, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, subsidised products and services and preferable rates with our partners.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.