Acorn is looking for a Time Served Engineer who is skilled in tool making and die setting.
Mechanical maintenance is required to work at one of our main clients in Deeside.
Acorn is looking for experienced individuals with a key focus on quality and efficiency.
The jobholder will support the operations team by performing necessary repairs and overhauls on various profiled diesets and to provide general day to day mechanical support to all business areas.
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Accountable for specific business and process driven improvement projects within area of expertise. To act as lead engineer on process improvements and system enhancements for BS UK.
- Manage the day to day workload of the engineering dieset operation to ensure AP targets of availability are met and exceeded. Including the planning and resourcing of spare blades and components
- Maintain and repair processing machinery and ancillary equipment in a safe and productive manner in order to maximise availability at optimum cost; to good standards of workmanship and in conformance with all Company standards and procedures.
- Contribute to the determination and co-ordination of preventative maintenance programmes to ensure that unplanned downtime is avoided.
- Assist in the procurement and management of die set spares.
- Deliver training to operators in order that they are able to understand and implement basic maintenance activities that facilitate optimum productivity.
- Understand, deploy and seek to recommend improvements to production control procedures to support team performance objectives.
- Ensure that team operations, including those undertaken on the Company's behalf by third party service providers, are conducted in manner that fully complies with health and safety, quality, environmental and corporate policies.
- Be actively involved in own personal development plans to maximise performance in the role and the contribution to succession requirements of the business.
- Where required, contribute to team level annual operational and financial budgets that secure the resources necessary to achieve agreed work programmes.
Requirements / personal specification:
- Ability to demonstrate qualities of flexibility, initiative, drive and commitment.
- The ability to work safely under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Good all round education with strong numeracy, literacy, and IT skills.
- Also must be competent in the operation of computer systems and have proven experience of engineering systems and techniques.
- Should also have experience of planning engineering activities and directing personnel.
- Experience in steel forming equipment would be desirable.
- The jobholder would typically be qualified to minimum HNC level in an appropriate mechanical engineering subject and must have a wide experience of the works processes and control systems.
- Must be able to demonstrate a proactive approach to safety.
Rate of pay £14.36 per hour
37.5 hours per week
Please apply or email mike.doyle@acorn people.com