Production Manager for a joinery department required on a full-time, permanent basis, central location, salary £32,163
- Management of the Joinery Shop and employees
- Scheduling and allocating production, managing work to ensure it is carried out in accordance to schedules.
- Management of staff including disciplinary matters and identification of training needs.
- Ensuring the manufacturing sections is managed within current legislation, policies, procedures, practice guidelines and to set quality standards for performance. .
- Ensuring that the production / installation / stores are cost effective.
- Proactively identify where efficiencies can be made and processes can be improved.
- Preparation of management reports including providing statistics and information relating to job costs and claims.
- Provision of financial and performance monitoring information of the Joinery Shop
- Management of health and safety systems relating to the Joinery, ensuring relevant safety regulations are identified and observed and documentation is held and kept up-to-date including risk assessments, COSHH assessments and Codes of Practices. Undertaking workplace inspections to ensure standards are met and maintained.
- Overseeing the production / installation process, monitoring and managing production/ installation schedules
- Making sure that products are produced/ installed on time and are of good quality.
- Working out the human and material resources needed.
- Monitoring all trades CE processes and procedures.
- Estimating costs and setting the quality standards.
- Being responsible for the selection, purchase and maintenance of equipment.
- Monitoring the production / installation processes and adjusting schedules as needed.
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers.
- Working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals.
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers
- Ensure planned KPI's of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded
- Working within the tight constraints of Health and Safety and Health and Safety policy, including all relevant training requirements.
- Carry out site inspections to ensure end product & installation standards meet required quality levels.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of liaising with and providing support and advice to staff at all levels of the business and external parties.
- Experience of planning and organising work in meeting exacting and short deadlines and targets.
- Proven track record of financial and budgetary management including the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Experience of supervising and managing.
- Experience of resource determination and allocation
- Experience of quality control
- Relevant industry experience.
- NVQ3 in a wood occupation or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Full Driving Licence and the ability to drive a company vehicle and comply with the requirements of the company insurers.
If you are the right candidate for this role please click apply now or call Xavier Ayling-Brasnell in the Acorn office to discuss further