Would you like to work for a Public Sector?
Are you a qualified Payroll Officer?
We are currently looking for a full-time experienced payroll officer, who is self-motivated, flexible and well organised with experience of working to tight deadlines.
- Candidates will need to have good numeracy and literacy skills along with good attention to detail and knowledge of HMRC legislation.
- Must have payroll experience in Teachers pay and conditions/pension.
- Oracle experience is essential.
Start date: 17th of June 2019
End date: 16th of September 2019 - it may be extended
Full time, Monday - Friday
Pay rate: £12.00 p/h
Responsibilities of the Payroll Officer will include:
- Preparation of salaries.
- Responding to pay enquiries and correspondence.
- Providing an effective, courteous and efficient service to clients, customers and other sections of the County Council and external Agencies.
- Ensuring timely and accurate payroll data input on to the in-house system.
- Mentoring a group of Level 1 Payroll Officers and developing their understanding in Payroll knowledge and skills.
- Check the input of Level 1 and 2 Payroll Officers.
- Calculation of emergency payments.
- Telephone, letter and e-mail enquiries on difficult payroll issues e.g. complex National Insurance, Pension and Income Tax queries and complex salary and sickness calculation questions.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
For further details, including the job description and selection criteria please contact our Tiverton Branch on 01884 242 255.