Despatch Controller required on a temporary to permanent basis. Full-time hours with a competitive salary. The role is based in the Lee Mill area.
Your main duties will include to draw off, check and process orders on the Company systems, whilst complying with Company Procedures. Reporting daily / monthly KPI's to help promote stock accuracy and right first time approach.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- To draw off and issue the picking orders to the warehouse team, to achieve 100% on time deliveries.
- Ensure all orders that are picked are processed onto the system accurately.
- To manage all MTO order requirements, in a timely manner
- Notify the relevant Departments via email or phone call, of any issues or concerns identified during the despatch process and work with them to resolve the issue, whilst complying with company procedures.
- Work with and communicate to, our courier and haulage providers, to make sure that they deliver the service that we require / expect of them.
- Ensure all of our orders are documented and loaded onto our delivery providers safely and accurately.
- Create, maintain and update components on Sage, for missing overall weights on orders.
- Manage control measures through the use of daily / weekly and monthly company QA documents.
- Assist when required, the picking of orders, to maintain 100% on time deliveries
- Assist in cover other site operations, as and when required.
- Ensure accurate stock checks / counts are carried out, when investigating blue and pink lines or any other stock count request.
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments.
- Ensure adherence to site Health & Safety procedures and policies
- Maintain and promote good housekeeping standards that comply with Company and legislative standards at all times.
- To support Goods Inwards with creating shelf labels and maintaining accurate shelf locations on the system to assist the order picking process.
- Support and assist newly appointed or less experienced colleagues by providing training and guidance as appropriate.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required within the scope of the role / business, which is deemed as a reasonable request.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Possesses good numeracy and written and oral communication) skills.
- Holds a current, valid UK driving licence.
- Understands and is committed to safe working practices within a warehouse environment.
- Good communication skills and customer focussed.
- Have proven ability to work successfully alone and within a team.
- Flexible, adaptable and calm when working under pressure.
- Qualified and competent to operate a Counter-balance and Bendi Forklift Truck.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety issues with regards to the food industry.
If you are the right candidate for this role please click apply now or call the Acorn Plymouth office to discuss further.