Heavy Vehicle Assembly Fitter - Merthyr Tydfil - Long term Temporary (Initially 6 months, will be reviewed for extended period).
Rates - £12.51 per hour
Acorn Recruitment is working on behalf of a well-established international company providing land, air and marine solutions & support.
We are currently seeking a number of Heavy Vehicle Assembly Fitters who will be responsible for harness, LRU and component installation along with other fitting activities that are required to assembly military vehicles.
The Assembly Fitter is responsible to the Cell Leader/Production Supervisor to perform a wide variety of electrical, electronic, mechanical or hydraulic product assembly operations on product assemblies or sub-assemblies in Merthyr Tydfil, this includes the possibility of support to manufacturing activities overseas.
- Support the day-to-day activities of the manufacturing team
- Installing mechanical, electrical or electronic products in a production environment
- Operate within Health and Safety practices of the company
- Record keeping, including recording of serial numbers to support "As Built" records
- Adhere to manufacturing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Understand and comply with policies and, procedures carry out work in a safe and diligent manner with minimal supervision
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- Participation as a member of continuous improvement initiatives
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Good Mechanical or electrical aptitude
- Good interpersonal, verbal communication skills to explain general information and effectively communicate with peers and management
- Ability to read assembly documentation such as, drawings and work instructions
- General Knowledge of assembly operations
- Ability to work within a 'team' environment
- Ability to work in a complex production environment
- Ability to work at heights and in restricted spaces
- Good understanding of Health and Safety regulations
- Familiarity with workmanship criteria and the ability to distinguish acceptable vs. unacceptable product
- Experienced in the safe use of hand and power tools
- Minimum of a high school education or equivalent (appropriate work experience may be substituted for educational requirement)
- Hold, or be capable of holding, security clearance to the level of Basic check
Desirable Skills and Abilities
- Experience of manufacturing environments
- Experience/knowledge of military vehicles
- Experience of tracked vehicles is desirable
- 2-3 years of prior electro/mechanical assembly experience preferred
- Hold a current Tracked vehicle driving licence (desirable)
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a UK Security Clearance check.