Temporary Imports Assistant required for an urgent start for our client based on the outskirts of the city working in a friendly modern office .
This is a temporary position - Monday to Friday - 8.45am to 5.30pm with a competitive salary.
Candidates will need to have strong Administration experience with excellent Excel skills.
The position involves:
- Registering container orders (including issuing LCs & deposits).
- Processing shipping documents, international payments, preparing customs entries.
- Preparing customs entries for shipping agent.
- Checking shipping costs / customs entries.
- Scheduling container deliveries.
- Booking in UK / EU deliveries to our Distribution Centre within our clients set booking structure.
- Reviewing / issuing of daily reports.
- Checking delivery paperwork from our DC.
- Investigating and resolving issues (loading / price / cube).
- Updating and monitoring of information onto our imports database (access).
- Custom tariff reviews.
- Raising and resolving claims with suppliers (UK & International).
- General admin and correspondence within the import dept.
This is a key position within this busy department and the candidate must have the following skills:
- Ability to pick things up quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent accuracy and consistency of work.
- Good organisational skills with a methodical approach.
- Ability to multitask.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel essential (must include excel knowledge of formulas, formatting & sorting. Use of Access preferred but not essential).
- Strong administration experience
This role will suit someone who enjoys a challenge, likes problem solving and who works best when under pressure.
This department and indeed the company is extremely busy, so the ability to multitask, but with maintained accuracy, is essential.
Please click apply now or call Xavier in the Acorn Plymouth Office to discuss further.