Licencing Officer required in Exeter as soon as possible!
Pay rate: £9.91 p/h DOE 37h p/w.
The anticipated contract duration will be for a 3 months period.
The Licensing Officer will work in the small but very busy licensing team covering the full range of licensing functions, including alcohol, entertainment, gambling, private hire and hackney carriages, scrap metal dealers, house to house collections, lottery and street collections.
· NEBOSH Certificate or a recognised Licensing qualification or equivalent.
· Detailed knowledge of the administration and enforcement of licensing legislation.
· Detailed knowledge in the preparation and presentation of legal advice.
· Experience in making presentations and presenting Committee reports.
· Experience in interviewing under caution and preparing prosecution files.
· Familiar with PACE, CPIA, RIPA and other Acts association with investigations.
· Full, current driving licence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to assist with the day-to-day work of the Licensing Team.
This will involve having responsibility for various aspects of licensing and duties will include dealing with the initial applications, the preparation of licenses and permissions, provision of advice and guidance, and the inspection of licensed premises and vehicles.
Ideally the successful candidate will have previous experience of the local authority licensing functions, particularly in regard to the Licensing Act 2003 and Gambling Act 2005, however, full training can be provided.
The successful candidate will have the ability to prioritise, plan and manage their time effectively, demonstrating the ability to meet deadlines.
The role will require occasional out of hours and weekend working, and applicants must be committed to that level of flexibility.
For further details, including the job description and selection criteria please contact our Tiverton Branch on 01884 242 255 or email your CV on email@example.com