Acorn is looking to fill a Data Management Associate position for a Major Client (Tata Steel).
Job Title: Master Data Management Associate
Location: Port Talbot
Hourly Rate: £10.75 per hour
Contract Hours: 36.50 per week
Holidays: 35 days
Contract Length: 6 Month Agency Temp
Tata Steel is one of the worlds top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million tonnes and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. Tata Steel is part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
Reporting to the MDM Section Leader, this role is key in providing accurate, consistent and valid data for the various master data instances controlled by ATCE Master Data Management with specific focus of Customer and Vendor master data. The role helps to support the design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of MDM procedures, processes and systems.
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
· Manage and administer all the Customer and Vendor in CSI, SAP and numerous legacy systems maintained by ATCE
· The role includes responsibility for the maintenance and integrity of Customer and Vendor Master Data. The quality of the service that ATCE transactions is able to provide to the organisation is wholly dependent on the accuracy and reliability of CSI, SAP and legacy systems.
· To play an active role in driving forward the efficiency of the department through the development of process improvements.
Requirements / Personal Specification
Ideally, you will have:
· Business Knowledge Broad knowledge required of Tata group systems, structures, ownership and utilisation.
· Systems Knowledge Knowledge of SAP systems and a broader awareness of all other legacy systems administered by MDM.
· Data Management Experience is an essential requirement for an individual to become fully competent in the role. Knowledge of business processes within Data Management is vital.
· Analytical skills Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to interpret and present quantitative information.
· Accuracy - Accuracy levels are paramount given the criticality of the data being administered. Accurate, consistent and valid data leads to a successful information system.
· IT skills - Has a good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Can use Excel and SAP in particular to gather and manipulate data, run reports and present and understand the output.
· Prioritise - The ability to prioritise own workload is essential.
· Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and colleagues at all levels within the organisation and outside the business. The ability to disseminate information and communicate effectively and inquisitively is fundamental to the role.
· Problem solving and decision-making - Uses analytical skills to solve problems and present findings.
· Flexibility and time management - Can handle a number of different tasks, be flexible in undertaking both routine and non-routine tasks and manages workload to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy. Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
· Customer focus - Produces timely and accurate information in line with Service Level Agreements
· Drive for results and improvement Looks to improve existing processes and has the ability to participate in the implementation of new procedures.
· Developing self and others Proactively looks to improve own performance and skills.
· Communication - Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of management and site based personnel. Establishes contacts with key individuals in the relevant area. Provides and explains results of requested work orally or in writing. Develop and maintain TSE wide relationships to maintain and improve data quality.