Senior Technical Officer
Newport City Centre
Temporary role - until mid Jan 2019 initially
£15.34 per hour
Acorn is recruiting for a Senior Technical Officer to work under the supervision of the Environmental Health Officer for an organisation based in Newport City Centre.
The Senior Technical Officer will assist in dealing with environmental health issues within the housing sector.
Key duties will include:
- Carrying out inspections of low, medium and higher risk premises.
- formal sampling and issuing formal notices.
- Investigate and report upon service requests relating to pollution control, housing standards and other matters.
- Carry out surveys.
- Engage and supervise contractors in relation to any of the work of the team.
- Work in line with Environmental Health legislation; report upon conditions found and carry out follow up procedures as required.
- Writing advisory or warning letters and reports.
- Inspect and re-inspect promises to ensure compliance with regulations, notices, licenses and registration.
- Issue appropriate statutory notices including prohibition/improvement notices to persons and/or businesses.
Experience / qualifications required:
- Proven technical and practical experience in a relevant field such as environmental health, housing, surveying etc.
- Good administration skills.
- Experience of environmental health and building construction.
- Ability to understand and ensure compliance with policies, procedures and statutory regulations.
The Senior Technical Officer role is being offered on a temporary contract initially until mid January 2019.
The successful candidate will be required to work 3 days per week.
Previous experience within environmental health, housing or surveying are essential.