Are you a CNC Machinist experienced in turning and looking for your next challenge?
The purpose of this role is to program, set and operate CNC machinery in the machine shop to spec, following company policies and working in line with set out working directives.
We are looking for someone who has the key skills listed below:
- Fully competent in machine setting, programming and turning.
- Ability to program / edit and prove out new CNC programs.
- Ability to read complex engineering drawings and carry out self-inspection.
- Must have knowledge of working with stainless steel.
- A keen interest in engineering.
You could be a time served apprentice and have proven previous experience. Experience in the below is essential:
- Turning, programming, setting, operating, self-inspecting, job recording, reading drawings.
- Worked with OKK,CMZ, Lathes and Milling machine
- Setting and programming CNC Machinery using Fanuc, Mazatrol, Heidehain or other controls. Setting is an integral part of this role.
- Operating Machinery within the machine shop, reporting any production issues to your shift manager.
Salary and benefits:
- Depending on the level of skill and shift you work on, you can earn between £27,000pa at £13.11ph up to night shift rate of 1.42x rate £38,000pa.
- Overtime rates are paid at 1.42x hourly rate over 39 hours, time and a half Saturdays and double rate for a Sunday.
- Secure on-site parking.
- Discounted on site canteen.
You will be joining an established team working with highly experienced people in their area of manufacturing.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 06:00 to 14:00 / 14:00 to 22:00 with a possible night shift if required 22:00 to 06:00.
For more information on this role please contact Acorn Recruitment's Portsmouth branch.