Acorn Recruitment is working in partnership with a major contractor, who are seeking Industrial Painters ( Blasters / Sprayers / Kettlemen ) to join their well-established team on a contract bases at Hinkley Point.
Due to company expansion with a number of high profile contract wins, our client is looking for the following:
- Blaster / Painters
- Sprayer / Painters
- Painter / Kettleman
Hourly Rates - PAYE & Allowances
- £12.85p/h (Basic Rate)
- £18.86p/h (Overtime Rate 1)
- £24.14p/h (Overtime Rate 2)
- Travel Allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
Essential functions and requirements:
- Prepare surfaces utilising abrasive blasting and other surface preparation techniques, as specified, safely and efficiently.
- Apply specific coating material utilising airless spray equipment, plural pumps and brushes, and rollers, as specified, safely and efficiently.
- Correctly utilise appropriate paint testing equipment.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance and maintain all equipment issued, including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses, respirator, and coveralls.
- Reinforce training of existing personnel in required equipment use, safety and upgrading skill level.
- Immediately notify job supervisor of damages, breakdowns, accidents and safety issues.
- Evaluate weather conditions and recommend appropriate revision of daily project plan to a supervisor.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with clients and co-workers to promote a quality service image.
- Physical fitness sufficient to satisfactorily perform daily job duties and assignments.
- Capable of working at heights and in tight or confined spaces.
- Clean full driving licence.
Additional accountabilities and experience:
- Five plus years industrial painting experience required.
- In depth knowledge of the application of interline 984 and international paints knowledge of the applicator applying the product
- Knowledge and experience in painting and surface prep techniques.
- Good knowledge and understanding of H&S policies and procedures.
- Consistently achieve daily schedule of work.
- Possess a valid driver's licence issued.
- Regular and acceptable attendance and punctuality required.
- CSCS Card
- ICATS Certification or equivalent ( ACQPA Level N1 / N2 or equivalent )
As our client carry out contracts in industrial, Nuclear and petrochemical industries, you may be required to have a Drug and Alcohol test.
Job types: Full-time, Contract - Initially 4 weeks work, longer term work for right candidates at Hinkley.
Candidates must be willing to provide the following:
- Minimum 3 years work history
- Minimum 5 years address history
- Willing to undertake CRB check
- Valid Passport or Birth Certificate with proof of National Insurance Number
Please apply online or call our Construction Team on 01633 760148