4 on 4 off shift pattern (2 days,2 nights then 4 off, please note this role will include weekend work)
Acorn is recruiting on behalf of our client, a market leading manufacturer, based just on the outskirts of Newport. With excellent transport links from the M4 Motorway, we are looking for an experienced Logistics Coordinator to join their expanding team on an going basis on a temporary contract.
- To receive the shift handover from the Multi Operator on the outgoing shift and ensure that all relevant reports have been updated. Reviewing the handover log and passing on relevant information as required to rest of team. In the absence of a shift FLM this handover may be from the outgoing FLM.
- Support the facilitation and appropriate allocation of manpower resource from within the team to cover all workstations.
- Support Logistics Operations in completion of tasks necessary to meet supply demands as follows:
- Perform Logistics Operator duties following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Perform system information updates, recording performance data in accordance with site procedures
- Ensure service to the Packaging lines - delivering materials and transferring Finished Goods into the warehouse
- Ensure safe systems and working practices are maintained and adhered to
- Remove waste and recycle in accordance with the Site Environmental Policy
- Ensure all departmental assets including FLT`s are driven and operated in a safe manner
- Support in creating and updating SOP's and One Point Lessons (OPL's)
- Contribute to departmental Improvement Task Force (ITF) initiatives
- Attend and participate in daily meetings as key team member
- Comply with all statutory and legal requirements and with appropriate legislative, quality and food hygiene safety regulations as defined by policy or legislation e.g. HACCP
- Comply with all housekeeping, cleaning and 5S requirements
- Ensure that internal and external customers are serviced in an efficient manner to the standard specified e.g. right quantity / right time
- Undertake activities to support the department in achieving KPI targets
- Undertake activities to support VPO compliance and sustainability
- Undertake training for new skills and tasks as recognized as being relevant to the role and as requested by Management
- Comply with all documentation and system transaction requirements
- FLT certified desirable
- Must have strong leadership capability and organisational skills
- Good computer skills and fully proficient on the WMS system.
- High level of numeracy, literacy and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a team and to work on own, using initiative
- Capable of carrying out multiple roles within the area
- Strong organisation skills with a structured and systematic approach, adhering to deadlines, able to work on own initiative and prioritise workload effectively
Apply today for immediate consideration.