We are currently recruiting Refuse & Cleansing Collection Vehicle Drivers for our client in Caerphilly.
- Full current driving licence, which allows driving of vehicle over 3.5 tonnes.
- No recognised qualification but must be able to undertake the full range of duties provided by Public Services in an efficient and effective manner.
- Reasonable competencies in numeracy and literacy (reading, writing and arithmetic).
- Knowledge of the County Borough and the services provided by the Public Services division
Skills / requirements
- Able to work independently or as part of the Area Cleansing / Waste Collection Teams, etc. in the provision of quality services.
- Able to undertake the full range of duties required of operatives within the Community & Leisure Department
- Customer orientated in the provision of this essential front line service.
- Working 37 hours a week from 5.30am to 1.30pm (may be required to work evenings, Saturdays or Sundays either as part of your 37 hours or as overtime)
You must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, additional hours and differing shift patterns.
Examples of these shift patterns are:
3 x 12 hour 50 minute shifts including 30 minutes lunch (alternating every other week between Monday, Tuesday.
You will also be required at times to undertake other duties outside of the role.
Long term positions and possible opportunity to go permanent for the right candidates