Acorn is recruiting on behalf of our client within the public sector who is looking for a Procurement professional to join their team working from home on a temporary 9 month contract.
You will be responsible for a range of duties supporting the business. A laptop will be provided to the successful candidate to work at home and an immediate start is available.
· Support the Business Services Manager in the delivery of an effective, efficient customer focused service for the organisation.
· Advise and assist staff on the companies policies and procedures for a wide range of general business services including administration, and records and asset management.
· Support the Business Services Manager in the delivery of the function relating to procurement and associated contract records, and tender management processes, including support to staff training and development of policies and procedures.
· Develop and maintain in depth knowledge and experience for a discreet area of Business Services work so as to deliver a highly effective service to the staff.
· Support the Business Services Manager in delivering projects across discreet areas and daily functions e.g. budget management, reception services, post, and other general administrative requests.
· Deputise for the Business Services Manager in their absence.
· Lead on all aspects of procurement and contract management for low-high value and medium risk projects.
· Provide advice to staff on effective procurement and contract management procedures.
· Liaise with stakeholders across the organisation and externally e.g. suppliers and procurement officials.
· Where appropriate ensure that the company operates tenders in line with National Procurement Standards to ensure value for money.
· Support Business Services Manager in undertaking expenditure reviews, reporting and management information in relation to all procurement activities.
· Support Business Services manager in contract management and monitoring. Ensure organisation compliance with public procurement and contracts legislation.
· CIPS Qualified.
· Knowledge and understanding of procurement legislation and contract law.
· Experience of using electronic databases, booking systems and internet purchasing.
· Able to communicate information clearly both verbally and in writing.
· Experience of working in a bilingual environment would be an advantage.
· Experience of Procurement and Contract management.
· Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
· On going 9 month temporary contract.
· 35 hour working week to be worked from home.
Apply today for immediate consideration, skype/video interviews to be taking place over the next few days with an immediate start available.