As a Skilled CNC Machinist, you will be working alongside a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations.
Skilled CNC Machinist requirements:-
* Either Manual Turning or Grinding experience.
* This would also be shift working going forward (Days & Lates)
* Work is highly varied using Hardinge Lathes and a Dean Smith & Grace.
* Working from billet material to cast components.
* Working on Manual Grinding machines
* Experience of honing and grinding parts to extremely tight tolerances.
This position holds the following responsibilities:-
* CNC programming, setting and operating (Turning, Milling or Grinding)
* Producing parts to drawing requirements utilising Manual Turning, Milling or Grinding
* OCQ - Operator Control of Quality
* To achieve on time delivery by ensuring work is completed on time and to the required standard
* Interpreting engineering drawings, following the process layout and documentation procedures
Qualifications & experience required:
* Engineering Apprenticeship (Desirable but not Essential)
* Knowledge of Aerospace machining practices
* Strong Knowledge of machining, preferably Manual Turning or Grinding
* Experience in using a wide range of hand measuring equipment such as Vernier, Micrometer, thread and plug gauges etc
* Experience of engineering tolerances such as concentricity, roundness, squareness and surface finishes
* High standard of Health & Safety
* Adhering to Company Processes & Procedures
* Working in a Customer-focused environment and achieving targets
* Working with Designers and Engineers
Attributes / Skills required:
* The position requires the applicant to have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken
* PC literate
* The applicant should be able to display essential skills in the adherence to Health & Safety standards at all times, teamwork, flexibility and the ability to use initiative
* Machining skills are essential
* Continuous Improvement
* Any further training requirements will be provided:- PC skills, Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels, 5 S's, Lean (KanBans, Line Side Stock, etc.) and general Health & Safety
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, please give me a call 07824 888 834 or forward me your CV to Kelly.Weare@Acornpeople.com