Acorn is currently recruiting for an Indentured / Skilled Inspector to work in Yeovil.
The role will involve inspection of detailed and final assembly Aerospace Equipment, in accordance with Manufacturing Instructions, Specifications and Customer / Regulator Requirements, working within an empowered team environment to meet delivery requirements and reporting directly to the Team Lead.
The position of the Inspector holds the following responsibilities:-
* First Article Inspection of detailed manufactured product.
* Final Inspection and release of product to End Customer, including raising shipments.
* OCQ - Operator Control of Quality.
* To achieve on time delivery by ensuring work is completed on time and to the required standard.
* Interpreting Engineering Drawings, following the process layout and documentation procedures.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
* Engineering Apprenticeship (desirable but not essential).
* Knowledge of Co-ordinate Measuring Machine.
* Knowledge of hand measuring equipment, such as Vernier, Micrometer, Thread and Plug Gauges.
* High standard of Health & Safety.
* Adhering to Company Processes & Procedures.
* Working in a Customer-focused environment and achieving targets.
* Ability to read detailed Engineering Drawings.
Attributes / Skills Required:
* The position requires the applicant to have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken.
* The applicant should be able to display essential skills in the adherence to Health & Safety standards at all times, teamwork, flexibility and the ability to use initiative.
* Inspection skills are desirable.
* Continuous Improvement.
* Any further training requirements will be provided:- PC skills (incl. Company Operating Systems), Manual Handling, 5S, HOS Principles and general Health & Safety.