Job Title: HR Advisor (Working From Home)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Expected duration: 4/5 weeks - immediate start.
Acorn is currently recruiting an experienced HR Advisor to assist one of the worlds largest nursing union and professional bodies.
Working closely with the HR Business Partner and the wider People and Organisational Development (OD) team, the HR Advisor will deliver a comprehensive solution-focused HR&OD service which is value adding in nature; and is in line with the clients strategic aims, objectives, and business plans.
You will provide advice, coaching and support to our managers and staff across the breadth of the employee lifecycle and undertake project work. You will apply client HR policies, procedures and best practice to deliver effective HR & OD solutions.
Main duties and responsibilities
- In conjunction with the relevant HR Business Partner, provide a comprehensive generalist HR service to managers and staff in nominated business areas delivered according to service standards and SLAs. In particular:
- Providing confidential HR & OD advice and guidance on a range of employment relations enquiries and people-related issues which is solutions-focused and with appropriate guidance from the HR Business Partner as appropriate.
- Working alongside colleagues within the People & OD team, across the organisation and with recognised trade union representatives wherever appropriate.
- Managing their own workload whilst delegating as appropriate and escalating where necessary.
- Manage an employee relations caseload, implementing informal resolutions wherever possible and be a first point of contact providing advice, coaching and procedural support to managers.
- Authorise requests for changes to terms and conditions and confirm accurate contractual documentation in a timely manner.
- Accurately maintain the staffing establishment for allocated business areas within the HR database, undertaking regular reviews and resolving anomalies.
- Conduct leaver interviews and review leaver questionnaires, analysing the feedback to identify themes, feeding back to the HR Business Partner and department leads to develop solutions to address issues as well as building on areas of good practice with a view to reducing turnover.
- Undertake research and discrete tasks set by HR Business Partner or other team Managers as appropriate.
- Understand your business areas in detail and their forthcoming HR requirements, working with the HR Business Partner to develop HR & OD solutions to support strategic aims, objectives, and business plans.
- Compile workforce & HR&OD data and reports ensuring that they are accurately prepared and delivered in a timely manner.
- Analyse HR&OD data to establish future trends and identify real-time insights with the HR Business Partner that enable business leaders to make effective decisions that support them in achieving strategic aims, objectives, and business plans.
- Support the HR Business Partner in the delivery and evaluation of organisational change.
- Undertake tasks that support the development, implementation and evaluation of new and existing policies, practices and solutions that cover the employment relationship, including delivering associated presentations, learning and initiatives.
- Support and undertake HR projects and initiatives under the guidance of the HR Business Partner or People & OD Management Team and in accordance with the Operational Plan.
Knowledge and Training
- HR & OD knowledge across key aspects of the CIPD profession map incorporating HR policy, employment law, performance management, well-being and diversity and inclusion.
- CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Human Resources or equivalent experience.
- Successfully managing a generalist HR caseload sickness absence, performance management, employment relations, fixed term contracts and flexible working.
- Providing HR advice across the breadth of the employee life cycle in a generalist environment.
- Assisting with implementing suitable HR & OD interventions to support organisational culture, change and drive continual improvement.