REPORTING TO PROJECT MANAGER
SOUTH EAST ENGLAND - NORTH LONDON
Due to continued expansion our client, a global manufacturer within the Utilities industry, is looking to recruit a self-motivated, driven and technically minded individual to join their company. Excellent progression opportunities for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be primarily covering the North London area (north of the Thames River) and surrounding areas but must be flexible to cover the UK as and when required. Travelling and working away will be required in this role. Company Vehicle and all expenses are covered.
The role purpose:
A key member of the Operations Team leading the Project Team in the roll out of the company survey system within the UK Water Industry. Projects will require a variety of skills and equipment including leak detection and location.
Responsibilities will include liaising with Water Company representatives, site surveys, equipment installation and retrieval, maintenance of survey equipment, ongoing service support, compliance with company policies and procedures for safety and quality ultimately to ensure complete client satisfaction.
Key Duties and accountabilities:
- Carry out all survey, installation and retrieval work in accordance with the company's Policies and Procedures, Health and Safety legislation and Environmental Standards
- Being responsible for delivery of projects from proposal stage to completion of field activities
- Maintenance and stock control of company survey devices
- Assisting with the production of reports for clients.
- Assisting with technical developments
- Liaison with Project Manager and with client representatives
- Ensure that all work undertaken is with the "Right First Time - Every Time" philosophy and ensure client satisfaction with the complete company service
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and on time, including the use of android based applications used to collect information from site
- Ensure all company workwear and PPE is worn and used, company vehicle is kept in a clean, tidy and well organised fashion and always promote a professional image on site
- Supervise, train, mentor and motivate Site Technicians within the team and train subcontractors as and when appropriate
- Work with the R&D team on improvements to the installation and system performance
- Work with subcontractors to ensure compliance with the company Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Must have the flexibility to work "out of region" as required. This may necessitate staying away from home occasionally for part of a working week.
- Occasional "out of hours" working may be required to complete specific tasks.
Operating Environment and behaviours:
- To operate in an open and even handed manner with all personnel across the business. Treat others with courtesy, and respect
- To proactively contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working
- Behaving with integrity and demonstrating professional image always
- To take personal responsibility and accountability for actions
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and contribute to a working environment that is considerate and supportive to all.
- This is an outdoor and sometimes physically demanding role.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of similar work within the UK Water Industry
- Valid UK Clean Driving Licence
- Manual Handling qualification
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- NRSWA Unit 2 Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- EUSR Water Hygiene Training
- Entry into NC2 Category Confined Space (Water Industry specific City and Guilds qualification)
- Experience of supervising and training others
Ideally, the successful candidate will have previous experience in this field of expertise however someone who is technically minded with strong communication and IT skills will be considered.
NRASWA, Confined Space Accreditation and a Valid National Water Hygiene Certificate would be a distinct advantage.
FULL TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED.
Normal working hours are Monday to Friday - 40 per week.
- Basic salary plus company vehicle, tools, PPE and expenses paid
- 23 days holidays plus bank holidays
Apply online with your CV attached.