We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced M&E Estimator to join a well-established company based in Somerset on a permanent bases.
You will be operating within the commercial and new build residential sector. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional with over 3 years proven track record in similar sectors of the industry with a background in estimating or quantity surveying.
The successful candidate should be computer literate including using Estimating and Microsoft Office software. Possess strategic thinking and planning and be a Team Player and able to take charge of specific tasks across all disciplines to maintain progress and success. They will have excellent written skills and be an excellent and clear communicator. A priority is the ability to work under pressure and keep a sense of priority.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Tender documents and preparing estimates as necessary
- Managing the preparation of Bills of Quantities
- Pricing of Bills of Quantities
- Preparing sub-contract and material enquiries
- Maintaining good relationships with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Investigate and price value engineering cost savings where applicable.
- To attend client presentations and providing information to clients in a professional manner.
- Being the point of contact with clients including raising & answering queries etc.
- Communicate effectively at all times with both clients and internal companies / departments
- Attend and takes notes of any meetings relevant to the project
- Researching and understanding current market prices for subcontractors and materials
- Preparing budget estimates and cost plans
- Carry out reasonable additional duties as and when required
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all
- 3+ year's experience in M&E estimating
- Commercial & new build residential sector experience
- Be qualified to HNC/Diploma/Degree level in Construction /Quantity Surveying
- Experience of working on projects up to the value of 1.5 million
Salary negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
Apply online with your CV attached.