A unique opportunity has arisen within a prestigious, global company to make a real difference to the world.
You could be one of the creative minds behind the mixers and bioreactors, responsible for developing, customising, sustaining and / or development of hardware and disposable devices for mixing and bioreactor technologies, from design concept until implementation at the respective manufacturing site.
Working from early phase defining the specs based on customer requests or internal change requests through design up to supervision of first builds at the manufacturing site.
* Create design specs for projects based on customer requirements;
* Help to improve the designs of our existing hardware and disposable devices;
* Be able to create new designs, both mechanically and electrically, providing benefits and/or solving problems;
* Identify and select relevant raw materials (plastics and steel), components (mechanical parts, sensors, actuators, motors,…), manufacturing / assembly processes (injection moulding, thermoforming, sheet metal, machining...) and suppliers necessary for the realisation of the products;
* Follow-up, check and challenge supplier's progress;
* Responsible for preparation of technical documentation of products and of the systems (mechanical and electrical drawings, technical specifications, FAT/IQ/OQ);
* Provide practical and technical assistance to other engineers in design, assembly, manufacturing and maintenance tasks;
* Create mock-ups / prototypes and perform functional and performance tests;
* Listen, understand, translate internal and external customer's requirements;
* Write procedures, documentation and reports related to tests and tasks performed;
* Serve as an expert on your field/products and challenge the technical concepts of your colleagues, share your knowledge and be a role model and teacher for your team members;
* Lead and support several projects at the same time;
* Work in close collaboration with team members and other departments like internal sales, sourcing, quality, etc.
Experience & education
* Master degree in engineering, preferably electro mechanics
* Minimum 10-15 years of relevant professional experience
* Thorough experience of project management
* Thorough knowledge of 3D CAD modelling - sheet metal, welding constructions, assemblies and/or plastic designs (Solidworks / Inventor)
* Knowledge of CE regulatory (machinery directive, LV, EMC)
* Knowledge of strength calculations via software simulation
* Knowledge of electrical cabinet design and electrical drawings program (preferably Eplan)
* Fluency in written and spoken English (company language), French and Dutch are assets
You will have excellent analytical skills, solving and identifying the root causes behind any issues/problems that need resolving. You will also be Capable of working autonomously whilst being a team player. A self-starter, you will be capable of organising and planning your own day.
Working hours are Monday - Friday (9am - 5.15pm Monday to Thursday and 9am - 4pm Friday)
This is a 12 month contract initially with the potential to expand. Competitive salary paid weekly.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly.