R&D Reliability Engineer
Acorn Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity for a R&D Reliability Engineer on a temporary basis for a leading life sciences organisation.
The purpose of this role is to work very closely with R&D and Manufacturing teams to drive product quality and reliability from the initial design stages through to full manufacturing transfer, product launch and early sales. The role will also support quality improvement initiatives for legacy products when required.
* Gain deep technical / hands-on understanding of the products within the R&D portfolio * Work within R&D teams to assist in developing high quality and reliable products
* Run and participate in design risk assessments (both internally within project teams and with key suppliers) * Develop and implement test plans (representative of end-user applications) to reduce reliability risks of systems and components
* Assist in quality evaluation of new technologies and suppliers
* Perform supplier audits and risk assess reliability of bought-in components
* Support transfer of new products from R&D to manufacturing
* Provide practical and technical assistance to other engineers in design, assembly, manufacturing and maintenance tasks
* Work with R&D, Manufacturing and Quality groups to help resolve customer complaints / manufacturing issues during early commercial stages
* Bachelor or Masters degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical or design) or equivalent (e.g. engineering experience and training such as Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship, ONC/HNC)
* Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience, preferably as a Reliability Engineer or in a role support and quality improvement disciplines
* Knowledge of automated equipment or plastic component design
* Strong technical problem solving skills
* Be solution driven with strong sense of urgency
* Fluency in written and spoken English (company language)
* Very good reporting skills (written and spoken), adjusted to your audience
* Be autonomous whilst also being a team player
* Willingness to occasionally travel to visit other Pall sites, suppliers and customers.
Apply online today!