Heavy Duty Mechanic - Perth - Western Australia (FIFO)
Excellent Package and 482 sponsored visa.
This is a fantastic opportunity to migrate to the sunny climate of Australia and join a winning team. Our client NRW is one of Australia's leading mining and construction contractors in Australia and is currently expanding the operation.
With a strong order book, strong business growth and a strong health and safety track record, this is a prime opportunity to join a winning business.
We are looking to appoint 20 people for this position.
Working within a diverse range of projects, you will be responsible for maintaining and repairing all heavy earthmoving equipment in a safe, efficient and competent manner.
Duties will include;
* Notification of any major defects found
* Ensure the maintenance schedule for each piece of equipment is adhered too correctly
* Ensure that all equipment that is being serviced is parked up safely and a post check is conducted at the end of each shift
* Establishing and maintaining an accurate record of repairs and maintenance for all equipment on the work site
* Completion of a machine inspection report prior to any piece of equipment leaving the site on hire or moving to another site
* Ensuring that faults reported by operators are rectified efficiently
* Ensure compilation of accurate list of parts and materials for jobs and are forwarded them to the site administrator for procurement and supply
* Ensure an inspection of the maintenance area and surrounds are conducted on a daily basis and, an inspection sheet is completed.
* Experience of working on earthmoving plant is essential
* Qualified to City and Guilds/ NVQ level 3 or equivalent/ Time served in heavy vehicle maintenance or similar
* Exposure to Komatsu, Caterpillar and Hitachi etc….
* Tyre fitting experience/ qualification
* Automotive air-conditioning experience/ Qualification
* Forklift licence
* Slinging/ rigging certification/ experience
* Working at heights certification
* Positive attitude and work ethic, with a right first time approach
* Ability to work in high temperatures and harsh conditions
* Strong communication skills
* Team player who works proactively
* Ability to work independently
* Focused on completing tasks effectively and safely
* Focussed individual who is looking to build a career
Heavy Duty Fitter, Mechanic, Yellow Plant, Plant maintenance, Mobile plant, Diesel fitter, Hydraulics, Mechanical, electrical, automotive
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.