Due to customer demand, Acorn is seeking an additional Maintenance Technician (electrical biased) to join an established engineering team within the food sector.
Our client is looking for applicants with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain growth on a long-term basis. In return they offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.
Working hours - 06:00-14:00 / 14:00-22:00.
Location - Runcorn.
- Carry out electrical and mechanical repairs to plant and equipment in the event of any fault or breakdown and as part of the site PPM System.
- All work on site to satisfy the Health and Safety Act with all areas of work to be kept clean and tidy.
- Assist the department in the ordering of spares, maintain and update records of the plant and equipment.
- Additional duties as and when required to give full cover i.e. sickness and holiday.
- Act as point of contact for external contractors, including control of permits to work where necessary.
- Act as point of contact for Process Engineers or any other off-site engineering support.
- Ensure maintenance requests and PPM's are printed, completed and returned to Manager / Admin.
- Site Crisis team / HACCP Representative.
- Engineering Safety Coordinator (eg confined space / working at heights etc.).
- Liaise with admin personnel when ordering parts / spares.
- Report as necessary to on / off site management with regards to engineering issues.
- Act as training focus for all engineers and / or mandatory training requirements.
- Work on a rotating shift basis - 6:00am-2:00pm and 2:00pm-10:00pm.
Skills and qualifications:
- C&G or HNC / NVQ qualification.
- Electrical bias, mechanical knowledge would be advantageous.
- Time spent in a production environment with strong fault-finding and breakdown skills.
- Pro-active and a good team-worker.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.