Full time, permanent, days. Salary negotiable depending on experience.
Mon - Thurs 7.00am - 5.00pm (½ hr unpaid lunch), Friday 7.00am - 1pm (44hr week).
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, capable and experienced Finished Goods and Transport Supervisor to join our team to work on a permanent basis.
Successful, growing and ambitious company specialising in high and low volume manufacture of plastic filters and mouldings.
Your job will fulfil many roles and is a great opportunity to join a growing business with the perfect chance for you to take ownership & really make a difference.
* Controlling stock in Finished Goods Stores.
* Collecting, weighing and recording goods produced on factory floor.
* Processing customer sales orders.
* Preparing shipments for dispatch.
* Organising transport, creating shipment labels and loading lorries using a Fork Lift Truck.
* Liaising with customers by phone and email to fulfil their requirements.
* Using Sage 50 accounting package to create dispatch notes and invoices.
* Keeping the stores in an organised and tidy manner.
* Monthly stocktakes.
* Communicating with other members of the team to ensure customer's requirements are met.
* Meeting with transport representatives to get best economical service.
* Checking transport company invoices.
Personal attributes of Finished Goods and Transport Supervisor.
* You will need to be enthusiastic, motivated, hands on with a "can do attitude".
* Excellent communication skills.
* Full driving licence.
* Competent in the use of office IT systems e.g. MS word, excel and email packages.
* Physically fit as a lot of box lifting is involved.
* Hold a fork Lift driving certificate - Counterbalance (essential) and Pivot Aislemaster (ideal).
* Willing to have a flexible lunch and tea-break.
* Good numerical skills.
* Ideally have experience in a Stores related role, a basic understanding of stores, packing and manufacturing operations and the ability to demonstrate competence to successfully carry out the requirements of the role.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.