Acorn has a fantastic opportunity available for a Process Engineer to join a highly successful and well-recognised organisation at their plant in Derbyshire. This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody to make an impact and help the plant achieve high performance with Health & Safety environment and quality being the main focus.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Monitor key process parameters, identify actions and define instructions to deal with deviations from targets.
* Conduct day to day and longer-term measurements and investigations to improve performance and optimise plant operations.
* Maintain high safety standards whilst effectively challenging others to work safely
* Implement systems, tools and procedures to optimise the production process.
* Support, and where appropriate lead, multidisciplinary teams, projects, Plant Improvement Plans (PIP) and other initiatives to meet business targets.
* Drive power reduction projects, continually improve and optimise the plant to reduce power.
* Strive for the plant to achieve the lowest possible power consumption
* To track key process parameters used to optimise performance as well as process data and to regularly monitor the parameters relating to plant operation
* Conduct additional process studies/audits and generate reports as required to identify improvement/cost saving opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience
* Chemical Engineering degree or equivalent
* Good Health & Safety knowledge
* Experience in process engineering - (preferably the cement industry or similar)
* Basic knowledge in physics, chemistry, thermodynamics and IT.
* Alternative fuel knowledge and experience.
* High safety standards and a wide knowledge of Health and Safety management techniques (e.g. Risk Assessments)
Package & Benefits
* Competitive salary
* Annual bonus
* Excellent pension scheme
* Annual holiday allowance
* Discounts to retailers
* Training & development opportunities
If you are interested please contact Jack Cunningham on 07767671293 / email@example.com
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.