Acorn Executive Search is currently recruiting on behalf of our client for an experienced Business Operations Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for the successful delivery and co-ordination of the programme's projects assigned to them and the management of their inter-dependencies, stakeholders and customers. You will also be responsible for delivering critical aspects of the contract.
The role requires effective co-ordination of the programme's projects and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising. It also includes the co-ordination of necessary change and realisation of projected benefits across all impacted or impacting Defence Lines Of Development (DLODs).
The role is crucial for creating and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum. You will be responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the programme. You will develop and maintain the programme environment to support each individual project within it and ensure effective integration between dependant broader business functional departments, projects or interdependent programmes.
As the Programme Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
* Establishes short and long-term programme objectives and ensures team members meet them.
* Ensuring company governance arrangements and policies are adhered to.
* Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme.
* Managing the programme's budget on behalf of the Programme Director, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses.
* Ensuring the delivery of products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan, programme governance arrangements and contract.
* Ensuring potential change is accurately reviewed to ensure minimal impact to the programme schedule.
* Ensure necessary change is fully communicated to all appropriate stakeholders and proactively management through to product or service delivery to minimise impact to Performance, Cost, Time and Risk (PCTR).
* Managing, where appropriate third-party contributions to the programme.
* Facilitating the appointment and effective integration of individuals to project teams.
* Managing communications with all stakeholders.
* Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects.
* Managing risks and developing opportunities to ensure the programme's successful outcome.
* Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
* Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the delegated director on behalf other senior external or internal stakeholders.
* Provides broad direction and delegates assignments to subordinate managers and/or staff. Determines operational objectives and assignments for subordinate units. Establishes short- and mid-term work plans and optimizes resources to ensure that work area objectives (i.e., productivity, quality, costs) are consistently met.
* Acts as an advisor to subordinate supervisors/managers or staff members to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational problems.
* Develops operational plans to align with business objectives within own area/function.
Required Skills & Abilities
Skills and attributes needed
You must have the necessary seniority and gravitas to be able to take on the responsibilities associated with the role. The balance of skills required of a Programme Manager often changes as the programme develops.
You should have:
* Proven experience of delivering successful, complex major development and delivery projects and/or programmes.
* Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
* The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
* Proven and Demonstrable knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes.
* Proven and Demonstrable experience of managing and working within high intensity and significant design, development and delivery programmes.
* Demonstrable, strong financial and commercial acumen.
* Good understanding of capability delivery, following models such as the UK MoD Defence Lines Of Development (DLOD).
* Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties.
* Expert knowledge of programme and project management methods including APM BoK, MSP and PRINCE2.
* Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
* Sufficient credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme.
* The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree or higher in business or engineering.
* 10-15 years in functional or program/project management.
* Knowledge of business processes and financial metrics.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.