We are recruiting on behalf of our client, a market leader within their field who are looking for a Safety Health and Environmental Advisor works alongside the Group SHEQ providing SHE expertise to the Group, including 3rd party contractors to ensure compliance with legislation and delivery of site HSE performance targets
* Monitor SHE performance across the Group including manufacturing areas, workshop areas and offices; identifying sustainable actions to address non-compliance with legislative requirements and standards.
* Embed SHEQ into everything we do as a Group.
* Manage the regulatory commitments tracking database and communicate to key internal stakeholders at defined frequencies.
* Facilitate risk assessments with the relevant teams, creating actions plans.
* Lead investigation into SHE related incidents to identify root cause making recommendation to prevent re-occurrence.
* Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
* Facilitate regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
* Review and update working practices to ensure they are safe and comply with legislation.
* Support managers to record incidents and accidents and produce statistics to support business improvement opportunities.
* Train personnel at all levels on SHE issues and responsibilities.
* Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all HSE legislation and any developments that affect our industry.
* Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
* Actively lead projects and provide individual contributions after key projects have been identified.
* Audit, analyses and report SHE performance.
* Be an advocate for SHE, promote and raise awareness, at all levels of the company, of the impact of SHE issues.
* Manage waste carriers and performance.
* Fully comply with all company Health and Safety requirements, including reporting all accidents, near accidents, and incidents.
* Conducts SHEQ audits and identifies nonconformance and closes out follow up actions.
Other duties as directed.
* Working knowledge of ISO14001, ISO 9001 and BS OHSAS18001 Standards.
* Experience working understanding of SHE legislation.
* Excellent presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written.
* Negotiating skills.
* Patience and diplomacy because the profession requires a collaborative approach.
* The ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately.
* An investigative mind.
* IT skills.
* Attention to detail.
* A flexible approach to work.
* An interest in the law and the ability to understand regulations.
* Paying a basic salary of between £24,000 - £25,000.
* Monday to Friday working hours (37.5 hours).
* 22 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) rising up to 27 days annual leave after length of service.
* Pension plan.
Apply today for immediate consideration.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.