Acorn Executive Search is delighted to be working with a leading manufacturing company with over 50 years' experience and more than 1,000 highly skilled employees around the UK. An exciting new opportunity has arisen within the organisation for a Business Operations Manager.
This role offers:
* The opportunity to be South Wales based.
* Extremely attractive salary and bonus scheme.
* Excellent corporate benefits.
* Generous pension.
The role involves the effective co-ordination of the organisation's projects and management of their inter-dependencies, including oversight of any risks and issues arising. In summary:
* Dealing with issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organisational objectives.
* Implementation of strategic policies.
* Expert knowledge of programme and project management methods including APM BoK, MSP and PRINCE2.
You will be responsible for:
* Successful delivery and co-ordination of the programme's projects.
* Delivering critical aspects of the contract.
* Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
* Establishing short and long-term programme objectives and ensuring team members meet them.
* Ensuring company governance arrangements and policies are adhered to.
* Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme.
* Managing the programme's budget on behalf of the Programme Director.
* Ensuring the delivery of products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan, programme governance arrangements and contract.
* Ensuring potential change is accurately reviewed to ensure minimal impact to the programme schedule.
* Managing risks and developing opportunities to ensure the programme's successful outcome.
* Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps.
* Responsible for staffing, performance management and staff development.
* Managing and supervision of a team.
* Proven and Demonstrable experience of managing and working within high intensity and significant design, development and delivery programmes within a manufacturing / engineering environment.
* Demonstrable, strong financial and commercial acumen.
* Good understanding of capability delivery, following models such as the UK MoD Defence Lines of Development (DLOD).
* Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties.
* Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
* Sufficient credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme.
* The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
* In order to meet the key criteria, you will possess a Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business or Engineering; have 10-15 years' experience in functional or program / project management; and have knowledge of business processes and financial metrics.
The organisation offers excellent prospects for career progression. Apply now for consideration.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.