Quality Assurance Manager, Site Manager, QA Manager, Quality Control, Construction
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager (Construction)
Salary: £50,000 plus Company Car
Location: South Wales
A well-known family business who operate throughout South Wales is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join their company on a permanent basis! This is an opportunity work with one of Wales' largest independently owned construction companies.
The successful Quality Assurance Manager will be required to fully support our site delivery teams to aim for a zero defect, snag free handover and customer satisfaction by monitoring practices and procedures in line with the Company QA processes and industry best practise. Working closely with site teams, the position will monitor quality through each phase of construction against set industry benchmarks and quality standards, in order to facilitate an excellent finished product, smooth handovers and reduced defects and after care issues.
* Help to implement QA procedures into the build stages
* Attend supply chain pre-start meetings and support the coordination of all the project requirements with the Contracts Manager
* Review Sub-Contractors and designers documentation and plan in order to identify potential quality issues in advance
* Contribute to relevant section of pre-qualification questionnaires and tenders for winning future projects.
* Recognise and identify and qualify items of risk and quality on projects
Essential Experience Required:
* Minimum 6 years site-based experience as Site Manager or above with 3 years minimum experience working on large construction projects
* Very strong technical knowledge
* Medium level IT skills with ability to use MS Office Suite software
* Driving Licence
* Good track record of preparing QA reports
* Trade background or construction related higher education qualification
* Recognised H&S Qualification
* Previous employment in a Quality Assurance Manager/Inspection/Auditor/Clerk of works role in construction
* Ideally good working knowledge of ISO9001 and systems
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.