Acorn is looking to recruit an experienced Compliance Supervisor for their client based in South Wales.
Reporting to the SHE Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving process safety management and the prevention of unintentional releases of chemicals, energy, or hazardous substances. They will achieve this by ensuring that process safety systems are focused on the design and engineering of facilities, maintenance of equipment, effectiveness of alarms, emergency preparedness and shutdown, safety integrity and human factors. Through this activity, support the key business drivers of regulatory compliance, continuous improvement, and the reduction of risks to the achievement of Refinery objectives.
*Develop and implement strategies to meet the requirements of the Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) Regulations by risk reduction, and through ensuring compliance with all associated directives, regulations and approved codes of practice.
*Maintain a positive working relationship with regulators and deal with any issues arising for specialist assessment. Coordinate site meetings, prepare action plans and detailed reports
*Address regulatory intervention by specialist inspectors in safety management systems, control, instrumentation and electrical maters, mechanical issues, hazard and risk assessment, process safety management, emergency response and human factors. Review associated progress with senior management
*Develop emergency exercises and action plans to improve emergency response and management capability
*Develop both the on-site and offsite emergency plans
*Maintain strong communication links with other departments to ensure best practices are adopted for delivering high standards of compliance, and for continuous improvement of the Refinery risk profile
*Work with initiatives identified and actioned through risk assessment (e.g. HAZID/HAZOP) to reduce the risk profile from hazardous substances e.g. liquid sulphur dioxide, nickel carbonyl etc.
*Take a lead role in developing and assessing how human factors impact major accident risks in operational and maintenance activities at the Refinery, with a view to risk reduction and improving procedures, training and competence
*Contract Owner of Security - drive improvement and effective management of site-wide security matters, through development of, and compliance with, the security management system
*Work to improve access control systems and processes, both at the main reception and weighbridge
*Develop a strong working relationships with all security services providers, including guard provision, intruder alarms and CCTV cameras
*Manage compliance budget, including Security, of around $0.5M
*Target zero significant process safety incidents
*Target zero significant security breaches
*Look to continually reduce the risk profile of the site, from a COMAH perspective
*Manage Compliance Team
* Mandatory Certification (ie P.Eng, CMA, CA, etc): NEBOSH General Certificate of Occupational Health and Safety
* Preferred Certification: Fire Risk Management, Process Safety, Leadership
* Minimum 5 years' experience within Health and Safety
* Physical Effort - Levels of physical activity that vary in intensity, duration and frequency that contribute to physical stress and fatigue.
* Physical Environment - Progressive degrees of exposure of varying intensities to unavoidable physical and environmental factors which increase the risk of accident, ill health or discomfort.
* Sensory Attention - Levels of sensory attention (is seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, touching) during the work process that vary in intensity, frequency and duration.
* Mental Stress - Progressive degrees of exposure of varying intensities of factors inherent in the work process which increase the risk of such things as tension and anxiety.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.