Construction Manager, Site Manager, SMSTS
Job Title: Construction Manager
Salary: £40,000 to £55,000 Plus Car/Allowance
Location: South West (Bristol/ / Barnstable/ Exeter/ Swindon)
A leading Tier 1 main contractor is looking for multiple Construction Managers to join them on a permanent basis to work on a range of commercial/ education new build construction projects throughout the South West region.
Regional Office located in Bristol.
To successfully lead and manage all aspects of high value and complex construction projects, ensuring projects fully satisfy customer and company requirements, supporting the Company's vision, strategy, business plan and values and contribute to the growth of the business by building relationships.
* Responsible for delivery and quality in line with customer and company expectations
* Co-ordinate the works of the site team including sub-contractors/trades and external supply chain
* Implement and maintain quality assurance methods/standards to assure delivery of projects
* Implement and maintain H, S, Q & E procedures from pre-start to project completion to ensure full compliance with all company HSQE standards, policies, processes, ISO accreditations and legislative requirements
* Ensure all programmes, plans, method statements and risk assessments are robust, up to date, understood and implemented.
* Be aware of and ensure contract terms are understood and adhered to.
* Ensure that all site records are kept up to date in line with company and legislative requirements.
* Develop and maintain close relationships with all appropriate internal and external stakeholders, including customers, sub-contractors and supply chain
* Manage budgets and financial status with the QS.
* Identify and escalate any potential issues.
* RAMS awareness
* First aid * Working at height
* Occupational health awareness
* Fire warden
Skills & Experience
* Construction background ideally within experience on new build schools up to £10m
* Extensive Construction Management experience in similar organisation
* Demonstrable sound and extensive construction technical and legislative knowledge
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.