Wastewater Finance Manager
Permanent - Exeter
£40,000 - £50,000
Love working in Exeter, but fed up of the parking costs?
We now have an exciting opportunity which has arisen to join one of the South West's leading employers as a Wastewater Finance Manager for our team based in Exeter. This is a commercial finance role that will be an active member of the Wastewater leadership team and Wholesale Finance Team, with a strong emphasis on financial control.
* Preparation, review and analysis of the monthly accounts for the Wastewater Directorate.
* Responsibility for journals, management of accruals and provisions and investigation of variances.
* Responsibility for monthly financial reporting (Opex and Capex) for the Directorate.
* Development and enhancement of financial management reporting for K6.
* Pro-active analysis of cost driver information and identification of cost efficiency opportunities.
* Responsibility for all journals and final GL balances including review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts.
* Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Wastewater accounting records and financial systems.
* Manage the budget and forecast timetables for Wastewater activities and ensure all relevant members of the business are fully aware of their responsibilities.
* Ensuring robust financial controls are in place, operating costs and capital expenditure and invoicing of Wastewater non-primary charges.
* Review the end to end financial controls for Wastewater, identifying and driving delivery of improvements.
* Management and production of reports and financial models to meet the needs of the business.
* Preparation and review of budgets, quarterly forecasts and business plans.
* Ensure the delivery and monitoring of the commercial aspects of Partner contracts.
* Work closely with the Wastewater Contract Manager to ensure that all major contracts deliver financial performance in line with annual business.
* Monitoring of contract performance and where there are variances from target investigate for reasons.
* Undertake financial appraisal of contract tender bids.
* Responsibility for financial information on Company Annual Performance Reporting tables specific to Wastewater.
* Responsibility for Regulatory accounting assumptions & cost analysis.
The Ideal Candidate
* ACA accounting qualification (or equivalent)
* Appropriate post qualification experience
* Managed team of financial staff in a busy operational environment
* Experienced in improving financial procedures, controls and management information
* Articulate and able to present strong business cases
* Mature oral and written communication skills
* Ability to influence peers and Directors persuasively
- A salary between £40,000 - £50,000
- Private pension
- Sharesave Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Working for a FTSE250 company
APPLY NOW or contact Cory Elliott on 07769 935714
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.