Head of Operations (FMCG)
We are looking to appoint Head of Operations for an FMCG business in Devon.
In this newly created role the individual will be expected to become a key decision maker in the continued development of the business.
Head of Operations will be experienced within the FMCG industry and have knowledge of managing a multi-site operation. Head of Operations will be given the freedom to develop the role whilst working closely with both senior managers and the board.
It is essential that the newly appointed Head of Operations approaches the role with a hands on attitude and be able to adapt to the ever changing needs of the business.
Head of Operations responsibilities:
- Operational activities of the manufacturing sites in Devon, including Production, Procurement, Planning/Scheduling, Technical and Logistics.
- Ensuring production targets are met and staffing requirements are in place to meet these.
- Ensure continuous compliance with the company policies in all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislative and regulatory bodies.
- Operational lead for H&S across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Driving and maintaining quality standards with continuous improvements.
- Being highly visible both to staff and customers, must be highly credible with a good deal of commercial acumen.
- Contribute to fresh and creative ways of improving efficiencies, reducing waste and improving profitability.
- Effectively Managing, Training and Developing multiple functions within a growing business.
Lead, develop and promote a healthy team culture within the areas of responsibility and have a passion for building, managing and enhancing team performance.
- Dealing effectively with HR issues including disciplinaries, hiring and firing.
Head of Operations Personal Specification:
- Prior experience in FMCG environment is desirable, and ideally within a medium/high risk, high care environment.
- Proven track record of delivering operational excellence.
- Experience of managing a large production site, ideally in a diverse & multi discipline environment.
- Used to working with complex products in a standard, structure, compliance and process oriented operation.
- Relevant operational experience over a number of years, ideally within FMCG environment.
- Possess strong leadership skills and have the ability to engage and motivate others.
- Have knowledge of food hygiene, health and safety and quality standards
- Be highly organised with strong attention to detail
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.