£19 per hour
Contract 6 months
Our client a Global Aerospace business who is a market leader in their field is currently looking to recruit an experienced Materials Officer to join their team on an initial 6 months contract. The role is working on a high profile project for the group and is pivotal to it's success.
Place Purchase Orders according to the Purchase Request on behalf of the commodity.
Actively involved in the management of the material flows in order to ensure that outsourced and purchased products are delivered on time, quality and cost to satisfy customers and launch first level of corrective and preventive actions. Manage inventory and order management expressed with the suppliers
- Check & ensure the execution of the order. Ensure daily monitoring of the Supplier delivery
- Obtain & Maintain Data related to the PO into the ERP system
- Work with Accounts Payable department to ensure timely supplier payment
- Act as focal point towards the supplier for operational activities
- Active Monitoring & Control of Suppliers
- Manage Supplier operational performance and drive necessary collaboration as far as necessary
- Manage performance reviews with the Suppliers based on Vendor Review Boards outputs, support working towards team KPIs
- Ensure compliance with Export regulations for all deliverables from Suppliers, on a day to day basis
- Degree and/or CIPS highly desirable
- Experienced in a Supply Chain, Procurement, Purchasing or Materials role
- MRP/SAP experience
- Excellent Communication skills
- Experience in a compliant environment
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.