We have an excellent opportunity available for a Sales Director of the highest quality to join our growing National client. The role will suit a Sales professional from a solution selling background, preferably selling into manufacturing but not essential, who also has experience of large bids and tenders and therefore is used to a longer sales cycle.
Our client is offering an excellent salary and package in line expectations for this level of role to include salary, car and additional benefits. This role has the potential for the successful individual to develop into a main board executive Director.
As Sales Director you will be tasked with proactively and aggressively growing the companies current market share and profitability by at least 10% per annum, split between new and existing business relationships. To do this you will have to be tenacious and determined to seek out now opportunities, markets and industries to sell our clients products.
Overview of the Role:
- Devise, meet and exceed sales and gross profit targets
- Manage a sales team, including field based, of over 40+ heads
- Manage and drive pipeline ensuring all leads are identified, quantified and realised
- Ensure yourself and your team are driving the companies 'Great Service Initiative'
- Drive sales of 'Own Brand' and 'Preferred Brand' products to increase Gross Profit
- Maintain market intelligence across customers, prospects, competition, pricing and suppliers
- Attend and report to monthly main Board meetings.
- Working as a Sales Director or equivalent with a track record of success and profit growth
- Degree calibre and/or excellent commercial acumen required
- Experience of solution sales and long sales cycle
- Preferably experience selling into the manufacturing industry
- Excellent people management skills, preferably of a field sales team
- Open, honest and trustworthy
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.