Senior Quantity Surveyor/Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor, Construction, Commercial/Residential
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Up to £45,000 (DOE) plus Benefits
Location: South East Wales
Our well established client, a well-run family business are seeking an established Quantity Surveyor who holds experience in both the residential and commercial sector to join them on a permanent basis.
Ultimately the successful candidate would manage the commercial resources of their assigned projects to maximise forecast gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and sub-contractors. Depending on your level of experience you would be required to have commercial responsibility for two or three projects valued between £1.5m to £12m.
* To maximise cash flow through the control, measurement and valuation of work and the invoicing of clients and payment of subcontractors
* To promote the clients values towards its customers in order to meet or exceed their expectations
* Subcontract procurement to include enquiries, tender evaluation and placement of orders
* Preparation and agreement of main contract quotations
* Final account negotiation and agreement of main contract quotations
Essential Experience Required:
* Minimum qualifications of HNC/ HND in a sector relevant degree (Quantity Surveying etc.)
* Experience working as a Quantity Surveyor with recognised main contractors
* Experience managing multiple projects valued £500k to £10m on residential and commercial projects (Private & Social Housing, Offices, Retail/Pubs, Hotels, Refurbishment etc.)
* Sound knowledge of all forms of contracts but specifically JCT D&B would be an advantage
* Excellent IT Skills
* Team Player
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.