Acorn is recruiting on behalf of our client who is looking for a Trainee Accountant to join their expanding team. You will be responsible for the credit control function and providing support and guidance to the sales team.
To deliver UK credit control, specifically:-
* Credit limits adhered to (and ratings limits)
* Credit periods adhered to
* Any other constraints as required
* Payment mechanism correctly implemented
* Other Duties as and when required / cover for Export credit control
* To aid and manage UK customer accounts, to ensure accounts are placed on stop as required, and agreed payment plans are adhered to.
* Ensure information held on IT systems is up to date
* All account parameters are correct
* Ensure new accounts are opening correctly
* T&Cs completed
* Bribery Act applied
* Daily cash reconciliation from shop counter
* To support' the sales team, providing both guidance and strict adherence to company policy as required.
* Issuing of UK Credits
* Processing returns from shop accounts
* Answering calls from customers and placing orders via telephone and email
* Cover for sales during holiday / leave periods
To ensure problem accounts are acted upon quickly and appropriate action taken, either internally, or through a 3rd party.
* Perform periodic review of all accounts to ensure all information held is current and valid
* Working with Sales team to complete this process
* To provide management reporting information as required
* Be able to provide cover if and when required to :- Post to, allocate and reconcile accounts on an ongoing basis in conjunction with Finance Team.
* Degree educated or similar
* Excellent numeracy, computer and analytical skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience in a credit control or similar customer service role.
* Monday to Friday working hours (Monday - Thursday 8 am - 5 pm, Friday 8 am - 3:30 pm)
* Free parking on site
* Paying a basic salary of between £19,000 - £21,000.
* Career Development opportunities.
Apply today for immediate consideration.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.