Acorn Executive Search has been retained to recruit an experienced Tax Professional..
A long established practice of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Tax Advisers, with a variety of clients, ranging from small firms to large businesses, and from small companies to established firms. The friendly and knowledgeable team also assist private individuals with their tax planning queries and accounting requirements.
The firm is dedicated to tailoring advice to the client's individual requirements and thrives on building strong client relationships. The team is long standing with specialist skill sets in order to offer a complete service of an extremely high standard.
This is a very forward thinking practice, particularly in the fields of paperless and cloud based accounting. Alongside an established reputation for providing an excellent, client focused service, there is also a well-established and diverse long-term client base.
The company is looking for an experienced Tax Manager to manage a client portfolio and deliver quality tax services, which will add to the firm's reputation. Ideally, you will have experience of advising entrepreneurial SMEs and as a result be comfortable advising on both corporate and personal tax matters. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious tax professional to join one of the most successful independent practices in South Wales and help drive the business forward.
- Maintaining a portfolio of clients and taking responsibility for ensuring the corporate
and personal tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and
finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines.
- Building relationships and interacting with clients.
- Preparing and submitting corporation tax returns.
- Preparing and submitting self-assessment tax returns.
- Identifying and mitigating tax risks.
- Providing innovative tax planning.
- Working with tax team to provide feedback to develop and implement best practices.
- Liaising with the client to obtain additional information, if required, to finalise tax
- Identifying and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis with supporting
- Communications with HMRC.
- Identifying opportunities to advise clients of additional services that may benefit
Skills and Experience Required
- Proven work experience in taxation.
- Good knowledge of tax software and MS Office - Iris preferred.
- Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems.
- Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client
- Excellent team work skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Analytical skills with detail orientation.
- Organised and adaptable.
- CTA desirable but not essential.
- Minimum experience in tax practice 2+ years.
The firm prides itself on its stability and low staff turnover, which is a reflection of the good working environment and terms and conditions. Apply now!
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.